“Life is a blank canvas, and you need to throw all the paint on it you can.”–Danny Kaye
Photo and recipe from http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Golden-Shrimp-Brunch-Casserole.
Grandma Elaine Smith made this for a brunch and it was delicious.
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 slices bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 2 cups frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 8 ounces sliced process American cheese, cut into thin strips
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, parsley, mustard and salt. In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer with bread cubes, shrimp and cheese; pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.