Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching. — C.S. Lewis
Here is a yummy little recipe adapted from Cooks Country. This recipe serves 8-10 people.
What you will need:
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 2 cups of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 16 oz package elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 celery rib, chopped fine
- Salt and pepper
Whisk together 1 1/2 cups milk, 1 cup mayonnaise, brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons pepper. Refrigerate.
Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add pasta and a tablespoon of salt to the water and cook until pasta is soft, about 15 minutes. Drain pasta and return it to the pot.
Add the vinegar to the pasta and toss it until it is all absorbed. Transfer pasta to a bowl and cool it for 10 minutes. This is important because cooling it keeps the vinegar from curdling the dressing.
Stir in the dressing until pasta is well coated. Cool.
Now add your scallions, carrot, celery and the remaining milk and mayonnaise. Stir into pasta until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate pasta, covered, for at least an hour before serving and up to two days at most. Serve and enjoy!
“It’s as if we spend our entire lives avoiding Jell-O but it is always there at the end, waiting.” –John Grisham
2 pkgs (3 oz. each) lemon jello– (You can substitute strawberries and strawberry jello)
3 and 1/3 cups boiling water
2 pkgs (3 oz.) cream cheese
2 pkgs (10 oz. each) frozen raspberries
2 pkgs (3 oz. each) raspberry jello
Dissolve lemon jello in 3 1/3 cups boiling water. Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add hot jello and beat constantly until smooth. Pour into a 9×13 dish. Refrigerate until set.
Defrost raspberries, drain, reserving juice.
Dissolve raspberry jello in heated juice and water to make 2 and 1/2 cups of liquid. Have liquid boiling.
Add berries, cool slightly. Pour over lemon gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until set.
“We meet no ordinary people in our lives.” –C.S. Lewis
This recipe is from my friend Brandy. She brought it to an office Christmas party and we all loved it.
- 1 (16 oz) package bowtie pasta
- 2 to 3 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 large can mandarin oranges
- 1 large can pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups red grapes (whole or sliced in half)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 (16 oz) bottle coleslaw dressing
- 1 (6 oz) package craisins
- 1 cup cashews (halves & bits)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to chill.
- In a large bowl combine pasta with chicken, celery, mandarin oranges, pineapple tidbits, red grapes, green onions and dressing. Toss to coat evenly.
- Chill at least an hour. Add craisins and cashews immediately before serving. Garnish with more cashews.