The price of greatness is responsibility. –Winston Churchill
I got this recipe as a newlywed and I love it. Yes, it has cream cheese in it and yes, it has sour cream in it, but sometimes you need a little comfort food and when you do, this is a great little recipe.
- 1 package (8 oz.) noodles
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 cans (8 oz. each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream, thick
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoons butter, melted
Boil noodles in salted water for 10 minutes. Drain. Brown ground round beef in heavy skillet. Stir in tomato sauce. Remove from heat. Combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, green onions and green pepper. Spread half the noodles in buttered 2 quart casserole. Cover with cheese mixture; top with remaining noodles. Pour melted butter over noodles. Put beef mixture on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from BettyCrocker
If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it would not seem so wonderful at all. –Michelangelo
I love this recipe. It’s so easy and you can almost make it faster than you can set the table.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey (or beef)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Old El Paso Enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 16 oz can Pillsbury Grand biscuits
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Cheese
- Green onions
- Sour cream
- Black olives
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained
- 1 4 oz. can chopped mild chilies (I like chilies so I doubled the amount)
- optional: serve with sour cream and Scoop style Fritos
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown ground beef and drain if needed. Mix in a can of enchilada sauce and tomato sauce. Cut the refrigerated biscuits into fourths and stir them in the meat mixture. Add chilies, drained can of kidney beans and drained can of corn. Pour it all in a greased casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until biscuits are done. Take out of oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.