A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all the other virtues. – Cicero
I got this recipe from Aunt Janet. It’s also an Allrecipes recipe.
- 1/4 pound bacon, diced – Bake it first in the oven until done, then dice it and place in the crock pot.
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese, thinly sliced (shredded is fine)
- salt and pepper
- Green Onions (optional)
- Line crock-pot with foil, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished – this will help to not stick and to steam the potatoes – also to keep them from getting discolored or mushy.
- Layer half each of the bacon, onions and potatoes in the crock-pot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and dot with (real) butter.
- Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with butter.
- Cover with remaining foil.
- Cover and cook on low for up to 6 hours (check at 4 hours – depending on your crock pot).
- Add cheese for the last 20 – 30 minutes and enjoy!
“The difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is how you use them.” – Unknown
Recipe is from Kraft; photo from: http://www.sixsistersstuff.com
I like meals that I can put together quickly and not worry about while I do other things.
1 lb. lean ground beef or Italian sausage
1 (24 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
1 cup water
1 (15 oz) container of ricotta cheese (can use skim ricotta)
1 pkg. Kraft Italian Five Cheese (approx. 2 cups)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons parsley
6 regular lasagna noodles, uncooked
Brown meat in large skillet; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and water. Mix ricotta, 1-1/2 cups Kraft Italian cheese, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, egg and parsley.
Spoon 1 cup meat sauce into slow cooker; top with 3 lasagna noodles, broken to fit; and half of cheese mixture. Cover with 2 cups meat sauce. Top with remaining noodles, broken to fit; cheese mixture and meat sauce. Cover with lid.
Cook on low 4-6 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; let stand, covered, 10 min. or until melted.
This recipe is from my friend Jeri. We had it at a work lunch party and everyone kept coming back for more of it.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar (I used about a 1/4 cup sugar and it tasted fine to me)
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can each of green beans (not french cut), butter beans, red kidney beans, black beans, ALL MUST BE DRAINED
- 1 large can Pork & Beans (do not drain these)
- Pour all ingredients in crock pot. Set heat on low for 8-10 hours, or bake in 350 degree F oven for 1 1/2 hours. Enjoy!
“Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight.” –Gordon B. Hinckley
Recipe and photo credit from http: forkinit.blogspot.com.
- 4-6 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce
- 1/4 c vinegar
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. garlic powder
Mix BBQ sauce with all ingredients listed under it. Place chicken in crockpot. Pour sauce over it and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.