“It’s as if we spend our entire lives avoiding Jell-O but it is always there at the end, waiting.” –John Grisham
2 pkgs (3 oz. each) lemon jello– (You can substitute strawberries and strawberry jello)
3 and 1/3 cups boiling water
2 pkgs (3 oz.) cream cheese
2 pkgs (10 oz. each) frozen raspberries
2 pkgs (3 oz. each) raspberry jello
Dissolve lemon jello in 3 1/3 cups boiling water. Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add hot jello and beat constantly until smooth. Pour into a 9×13 dish. Refrigerate until set.
Defrost raspberries, drain, reserving juice.
Dissolve raspberry jello in heated juice and water to make 2 and 1/2 cups of liquid. Have liquid boiling.
Add berries, cool slightly. Pour over lemon gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until set.
The price of greatness is responsibility. –Winston Churchill
I got this recipe as a newlywed and I love it. Yes, it has cream cheese in it and yes, it has sour cream in it, but sometimes you need a little comfort food and when you do, this is a great little recipe.
- 1 package (8 oz.) noodles
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 cans (8 oz. each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream, thick
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoons butter, melted
Boil noodles in salted water for 10 minutes. Drain. Brown ground round beef in heavy skillet. Stir in tomato sauce. Remove from heat. Combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, green onions and green pepper. Spread half the noodles in buttered 2 quart casserole. Cover with cheese mixture; top with remaining noodles. Pour melted butter over noodles. Put beef mixture on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Serves 6.
“Always remember, your focus determines your reality.” –George Lucas
I found this recipe from Real Women of Philadelphia.
- 8 ounces PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 6 Baking potatoes
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
Cook potatoes in microwave until fork tender (about 20 minutes). While hot, cut top portion of potato off. Scoop out the insides of potato being careful to leave skin intact, and place in a separate bowl.
Mix the butter, sour cream, and cream cheese until combined well. Slowly add milk while stirring. Fold in cheddar cheese, bacon, and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste and then fill the potato skins with the potato mixture, making sure to overload the skins.
Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. –Abraham Lincoln
This recipe is from Rhonda J on Recipezaar. Photo Credit: Dessert.Food.Com.
- 1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed, ripe
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/8 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan.
- In a small bowl, mix mashed banana with the lemon juice; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and 2 1/8 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in 2 tsp vanilla.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Stir in banana mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. It could take an hour and ten minutes or even an hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place directly into the freezer for 45 minutes. This will make the cake very moist.
- For the frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Add icing sugar and beat on low speed until combined, then on high speed until frosting is smooth.
- Spread on cooled cake.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts over top of the frosting, if desired.
Do what you feel in your heart to be right–for you’ll be criticized anyway. —Eleanor Roosevelt
- 1 pkg cream cheese, soft
- 1 stick butter, soft
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Dash of milk if needed
Blend together and spread on brownies or cupcakes.