“When in situations of stress we wonder if there is any more in us to give, we can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed.” –Neal A. Maxwell
- 4 cups shellroni shells uncooked
- 4 cups chicken chunks
- 2 cups celery chopped
- 2 cups apples chopped
- 1 oz. pineapple tidbits-drained
- 2 cups grapes
- 2 cups coleslaw dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Cook and cool shellroni. Add fruit. Mix dressings (coleslaw and mayo) and milk and pepper. Add the dressings just before serving.
“The power to lead is the power to mislead, and the power to mislead is the power to destroy.” –Thomas S. Monson
This makes 10 servings
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta (I would use lo mein noodles)
- ½ cup (1/3 cup is plenty) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons white sugar (1 1/2 T is plenty)
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken breast meat
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- Can add julienned carrots, blanched snow peas, water chestnuts, cashews
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds, and cook stirring frequently until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and set aside.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente (firm but not hard). Drain pasta, and rinse under cold water until cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine vegetable oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, sesame seeds, ginger, and pepper. Shake well.
Pour sesame dressing over pasta, and toss to coat evenly. Gently mix in chicken, cilantro, and green onions.