“Life is a blank canvas, and you need to throw all the paint on it you can.”–Danny Kaye
Photo and recipe from http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Golden-Shrimp-Brunch-Casserole.
Grandma Elaine Smith made this for a brunch and it was delicious.
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 slices bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 2 cups frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 8 ounces sliced process American cheese, cut into thin strips
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, parsley, mustard and salt. In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer with bread cubes, shrimp and cheese; pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
“It is not the mountain that we conquer but ourselves.” –Edmund Hillary
“Ham, zucchini, mushrooms and cheese flavor this rich, hearty egg dish. It adds appeal to a breakfast or lunch buffet and cuts easily, too. Make sure you bring the recipe–everyone will want it! –Arlene Butler, Ogden, Utah”
Original Recipe Yield 16 servings — Photo and recipe from Allrecipes.com.
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups chopped zucchini
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 12 eggs
- 4 cups cubed day-old bread
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, zucchini, ham, onions, green peppers and garlic in oil until vegetables are tender. Drain and pat dry; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and cream until smooth. Beat in eggs. Stir in the bread, cheese, salt, pepper and vegetable mixture.
- Pour into two greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.