Slow Cooker Creamy White Chicken Chili
Emilie served this delicious chili to all of us when we visited Yellowstone.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed of excess fat
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 24 oz. chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2 15 oz cans great Northern beans drained and rinsed
- 2 4 oz cans diced green chiles
- 1 15 oz can whole kernel corn,drained
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- small handful fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup half and half
- sliced jalapenos
- sliced avocados
- dollop of sour cream
- minced fresh cilantro
- tortilla strips
- shredded Monterey Jack or Mexican cheese
Lay chicken breasts on the bottom of your slow cooker. Top with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
Add the diced onion, minced garlic, great Northern beans, green chilies, corn, chicken broth and cilantro. Stir.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
Remove chicken to large mixing bowl, shred, then return to slow cooker.
Add cream cheese and half and half, stir, then cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, or until chili is creamy and slightly thickened.
Stir well and serve with desired toppings.