Ground Beef Enchiladas
Make sure you put sauce on the bottom of pan or enchiladas will be dry.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups Taco Bell Thick ‘N Chunky Salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Taco Bell Seasoning Mix
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package Mexican Style Shredded Four Cheese
- LaVictoria’s red mild taco sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Brown meat with onions in large skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Add salsa, beans, dressing and seasoning mix; mix well.
Cover bottom of baking dish with mild taco sauce. Arrange 3 of the tortillas in single layer on bottom of 13×9-inch baking dish; cover with layers of half each of the meat mixture, sour cream and cheese. Sprinkle with LaVictoria’s red mild taco sauce. Repeat all layers. Cover with foil.
Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until casserole is heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting to serve.
A beautiful song to close out this lovely Sabbath day…
Photo credit: Pillsbury.com; recipe adapted from Pillsbury.com
This was the yummy homemade pizza we had for Babes’ birthday:
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 (16 oz) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded baked chicken (rotisserie would be fast and easy)
- Tomatoes, diced up
- Cooked bacon chopped into pieces
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice french bread into thick slices
- Spread alfredo sauce evenly over bread to your liking. Sprinkle garlic salt and Italian seasoning on top of sauce.
- Top with mozzarella cheese, cooked chicken, tomatoes, bacon pieces, and Parmesan cheese.
- Place slices on cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, or until cheese starts to melt.
- Serve hot.
Choose your love, love your choice. –President Thomas S. Monson
My friend Julie shared this easy, tasty recipe with me. You probably have all the ingredients on hand:
- ¼ cup flour
- ¾ tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 skinned, boneless chicken breasts halved
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion – cut in half lengthwise, then thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves or ½ tsp dried thyme
1. Mix flour and ½ tsp each salt and pepper on a plate. Add chicken, turn to coat, shake off excess.
2. In a heavy skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, 10 minutes or until browned and cook. Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
3. Add onion to skillet and sauté 1 – 2 minutes, until lightly browned. Add broth, vinegar, thyme and remaining salt and pepper. Bring to boil and book, stirring often – about 7 minutes (until onions are soft).
4. To serve, place chicken on serving plates and spoon on onions and sauce.
When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way. –Wayne Dyer
This recipe is from Lion House Classics.
- 4 whole chicken breasts, halved
- 8 thin slices cooked ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, cut into strips
- about 1 1/2 inches long and 1/2-inch thick
- Thyme or rosemary
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
- Cordon Bleu sauce (below)
Skin and bone chicken breast halves. Place each half between sheets of plastic wrap, skinned side down, and pound with meat mallet to about -inch thickness. On each ham slice place a strip of cheese; sprinkle lightly with seasonings. Roll ham and cheese jelly-roll style, then roll each chicken breast with ham and cheese inside. Tuck in ends and seal well. (Tie rolls if necessary, or fasten edges with toothpicks.) Dip each roll in melted butter, then roll in cornflake crumbs, turning to thoroughly coat each roll. Place rolls in 9×13-inch baking dish. Bake uncovered at 400˚ F for about 40 minutes, or until chicken is golden brown. Serve with Cordon Bleu sauce. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Cordon Bleu Sauce
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Juice of 1 lemon (about cup)
Blend ingredients and heat. Serve over chicken rolls. Makes about 2 cups, or eight 1/4-cup servings.