LEMON HERB MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN SALAD
This serves 4 people.
Thanks to Sara for this incredible salad she made for us. The flavors were amazing. I have never had a better salad. Ever. We had it with a fruit salad and some cheddar biscuits.
Recipe and photo source: https://cafedelites.com/2016/07/05/grilled-lemon-herb-mediterranean-chicken-salad-recipe/
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon (1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cracked pepper, to taste
- (1 pound | 500 g) 4 skinless, boneless chicken thigh fillets (or chicken breasts)
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives (or black olives), sliced (optional)
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Whisk together all of the marinade/dressing ingredients in a large jug. Pour out half of the marinade into a large, shallow dish. Refrigerate the remaining marinade to use as the dressing later.
- Add the chicken to the marinade in the bowl; marinade chicken for 15-30 minutes (or up to two hours in the refrigerator if time allows). While waiting for the chicken, prepare all of the salad ingredients and mix in a large salad bowl.
- Once chicken is ready, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a grill pan or a grill plate over medium-high heat. Grill chicken on both sides until browned and completely cooked through.
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes; slice and arrange over salad. Drizzle salad with the remaining UNTOUCHED dressing. Serve with lemon wedges.
Add ½ cup crumbled feta to give the salad an even better flavour.
“Family is the center of life. It is the key to eternal happiness.” — Elder L. Tom Perry
This delicious salad recipe comes from Allrecipes. Click here for original site.
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped salted pecans
- 1/2 apple, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons grated carrot
- 1/4 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing, or to taste
Place spinach, cranberries, pecans, apple, onion, carrot, and avocado into a bowl. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette, and toss to coat.
Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching. — C.S. Lewis
Here is a yummy little recipe adapted from Cooks Country. This recipe serves 8-10 people.
What you will need:
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 2 cups of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 16 oz package elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 celery rib, chopped fine
- Salt and pepper
Whisk together 1 1/2 cups milk, 1 cup mayonnaise, brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons pepper. Refrigerate.
Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add pasta and a tablespoon of salt to the water and cook until pasta is soft, about 15 minutes. Drain pasta and return it to the pot.
Add the vinegar to the pasta and toss it until it is all absorbed. Transfer pasta to a bowl and cool it for 10 minutes. This is important because cooling it keeps the vinegar from curdling the dressing.
Stir in the dressing until pasta is well coated. Cool.
Now add your scallions, carrot, celery and the remaining milk and mayonnaise. Stir into pasta until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate pasta, covered, for at least an hour before serving and up to two days at most. Serve and enjoy!
Original recipe source here.
Recipe source, click here
- 1 bag premade coleslaw with carrots
- 8 spring onions, diced
Brown 3 packages sliced almonds in 6 Tblsp white sugar (or less — do not burn!), and mix with 2 packages crumbled Top Ramen noodles.
Blend in blender:
- 4 Tblsp sugar
- ¼ cup sesame seed oil
- ½ cup salad oil
- 1 package Top Ramen chicken flavoring mix
- 6 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
Toss all together just before serving. Add chunks of chilled, cooked chicken breast, if desired.
A little thought and a little kindness are often worth more than a great deal of money. –John Ruskin
12 ounces fresh broccoli florets or broccoli broken into small pieces
12 ounces broccoli slaw
1 cup Craisins (1 5-ounce bag)
1 cup toasted salted sunflower seeds
6 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 small red onion (grate a small portion of this onion for the dressing and then chop the rest of it for the salad)
1 cup mayonnaise (light is fine; no Miracle Whip)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons Creole or other mild coarse-grain mustard
2 tablespoons grated red onion (just use the onion you’re using in the salad)
Heaping 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 cup white sugar
Toss together salad ingredients in a large bowl. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over the salad. If possible, chill for at least an hour before serving. Serves 12-14.