I LOVE THIS SALAD. It’s just a magical combination of ingredients. I got this recipe a long, long time ago from a sweet little lady named Patty. She lived next door to the Bernhisels, who hosted an annual Christmas dinner where this was always one of the dishes. Patty brought this wonderful potato salad to the party every year.
- 12 Idaho potatoes oiled, cooled, peeled and diced
- 12 boiled eggs
- 2 green peppers chopped
- 1 bunch celery chopped fine
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 12 small radishes
Mix with Kraft Miracle Whip (use about 3/4ths of the jar). Salt and pepper to taste.
Hardship often prepares an ordinary person for an extraordinary destiny. –C.S. Lewis
Photo and recipe from Allrecipes.com. This recipe serves 16.
- 1 ½ cups crushed pretzels
- 4 ½ tablespoons white sugar
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry flavored Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Mix together the pretzels, 4 1/2 tablespoons sugar and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool completely.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread evenly over the cooled crust. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together the gelatin mix and boiling water. Mix in frozen strawberries, and stir until thawed. Pour over cream cheese mixture in pan. Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 1 hour.
I first tasted this as a young girl. It’s a delicious salad and it’s very pretty in its presentation. Be sure to mix the salt and pepper and sugar with the dressing ingredients. Some versions of this recipe say to sprinkle it over the lettuce ingredients. No. Mix it with the dressing.
1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped and washed (
2 cups frozen peas
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
3 green onions, sliced (white and green parts)
3-4 ounces of Swiss cheese, sliced and cut into thin stick
2-3 tbsp fresh grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
1/4 cup Miracle Whip
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4-1/2 tsp salt (start with 1/4 and add more if needed, some brands of mayo are saltier then others and you do not want to over salt the dressing)
1/4 tsp ground pepper
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large salad bowl
- Make dressing by combining and thoroughly mixing all dressing ingredients
- Pour prepared dressing over salad and make sure you toss it until evenly coated
- Best when served immediately
“Family is the center of life. It is the key to eternal happiness.” — Elder L. Tom Perry
This delicious salad recipe comes from Allrecipes. Click here for original site.
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped salted pecans
- 1/2 apple, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons grated carrot
- 1/4 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing, or to taste
Place spinach, cranberries, pecans, apple, onion, carrot, and avocado into a bowl. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette, and toss to coat.
Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching. — C.S. Lewis
Here is a yummy little recipe adapted from Cooks Country. This recipe serves 8-10 people.
What you will need:
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 2 cups of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 16 oz package elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 celery rib, chopped fine
- Salt and pepper
Whisk together 1 1/2 cups milk, 1 cup mayonnaise, brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons pepper. Refrigerate.
Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add pasta and a tablespoon of salt to the water and cook until pasta is soft, about 15 minutes. Drain pasta and return it to the pot.
Add the vinegar to the pasta and toss it until it is all absorbed. Transfer pasta to a bowl and cool it for 10 minutes. This is important because cooling it keeps the vinegar from curdling the dressing.
Stir in the dressing until pasta is well coated. Cool.
Now add your scallions, carrot, celery and the remaining milk and mayonnaise. Stir into pasta until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate pasta, covered, for at least an hour before serving and up to two days at most. Serve and enjoy!
Original recipe source here.
Recipe source, click here
- 1 bag premade coleslaw with carrots
- 8 spring onions, diced
Brown 3 packages sliced almonds in 6 Tblsp white sugar (or less — do not burn!), and mix with 2 packages crumbled Top Ramen noodles.
Blend in blender:
- 4 Tblsp sugar
- ¼ cup sesame seed oil
- ½ cup salad oil
- 1 package Top Ramen chicken flavoring mix
- 6 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
Toss all together just before serving. Add chunks of chilled, cooked chicken breast, if desired.