HERB MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN SALAD
Thanks to Sara for this incredible salad she made for us. The flavors were amazing. I have never had a better salad. Ever. We had it with a fruit salad and some cheddar biscuits.
Recipe and photo source: https://cafedelites.com/2016/07/05/grilled-lemon-herb-mediterranean-chicken-salad-recipe/
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon (1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cracked pepper, to taste
- (1 pound | 500 g) 4 skinless, boneless chicken thigh fillets (or chicken breasts)
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives (or black olives), sliced (optional)
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Whisk together all of the marinade/dressing ingredients in a large jug. Pour out half of the marinade into a large, shallow dish. Refrigerate the remaining marinade to use as the dressing later.
- Add the chicken to the marinade in the bowl; marinade chicken for 15-30 minutes (or up to two hours in the refrigerator if time allows). While waiting for the chicken, prepare all of the salad ingredients and mix in a large salad bowl.
- Once chicken is ready, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a grill pan or a grill plate over medium-high heat. Grill chicken on both sides until browned and completely cooked through.
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes; slice and arrange over salad. Drizzle salad with the remaining UNTOUCHED dressing. Serve with lemon wedges.
Add ½ cup crumbled feta to give the salad an even better flavour.
“Family is the center of life. It is the key to eternal happiness.” — Elder L. Tom Perry
This delicious salad recipe comes from Allrecipes. Click here for original site.
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped salted pecans
- 1/2 apple, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons grated carrot
- 1/4 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing, or to taste
Place spinach, cranberries, pecans, apple, onion, carrot, and avocado into a bowl. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette, and toss to coat.
“True love is a reflection of the Savior’s love. In December of each year we call it the Christmas spirit. You can hear it. You can see it. You can feel it.” –President Thomas S. Monson
This delicious recipe is from my friend Angelica. She brought it to a Christmas party and we all loved it. Bonus: It’s easy to make.
- 4 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 cups frozen shrimp
- 2 cups real mayonnaise
- 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
Boil the macaroni, strain and let it cool completely. Defrost shrimp over medium heat for about 10 minutes and let shrimp cool completely. Combine all ingredients. Add salt to taste. Dish should be served cold or at room temperature.
1 large strawberry jello dissolved in 2 cups boiling water
- 2 10 oz pkgs sliced frozen strawberries (thawed WITH juice)
- 2 small cans crushed pineapple with juice
- 3 or 4 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 pkg Knox gelatin dissolved in 1 T cold water (I have never used the Knox gelatin in this recipe)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
Mix everything and pour half of it in a mayonnaised mold (use mayo to coat the mold; can use a bundt pan)
When firm, spread with 1/2 pint sour cream, but don’t let sour cream touch the sides of pan. Gently pour over the rest of jello mixture so it surrounds the sour cream layer. This makes a large mold. Can also make it in a 9×13 pan and layer it.
“We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day. Righteous character is a precious manifestation of what you are becoming.” –Elder Richard G. Scott
1 1/2 cups water; 1 pkg (3 oz) raspberry jello; 1 pkg frozen raspberries; 1 sliced banana; 1 can crushed pineapple drained; 1/4 cup pecans
Bring water to boil and then add 1 pkg raspberry jello. Stir. Refrigerate. Watch carefully until it starts to get thick. Then add sliced bananas. Drain crushed pineapple and 1/4 cup of broken or chopped pecans.
If you can’t get the raspberry jello or frozen raspberries, use strawberry jello and frozen strawberries.
Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching. — C.S. Lewis
Here is a yummy little recipe adapted from Cooks Country. This recipe serves 8-10 people.
What you will need:
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 2 cups of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 16 oz package elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 celery rib, chopped fine
- Salt and pepper
Whisk together 1 1/2 cups milk, 1 cup mayonnaise, brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons pepper. Refrigerate.
Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add pasta and a tablespoon of salt to the water and cook until pasta is soft, about 15 minutes. Drain pasta and return it to the pot.
Add the vinegar to the pasta and toss it until it is all absorbed. Transfer pasta to a bowl and cool it for 10 minutes. This is important because cooling it keeps the vinegar from curdling the dressing.
Stir in the dressing until pasta is well coated. Cool.
Now add your scallions, carrot, celery and the remaining milk and mayonnaise. Stir into pasta until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate pasta, covered, for at least an hour before serving and up to two days at most. Serve and enjoy!
Original recipe source here.
Recipe source, click here
- 1 bag premade coleslaw with carrots
- 8 spring onions, diced
Brown 3 packages sliced almonds in 6 Tblsp white sugar (or less — do not burn!), and mix with 2 packages crumbled Top Ramen noodles.
Blend in blender:
- 4 Tblsp sugar
- ¼ cup sesame seed oil
- ½ cup salad oil
- 1 package Top Ramen chicken flavoring mix
- 6 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
Toss all together just before serving. Add chunks of chilled, cooked chicken breast, if desired.