1 large strawberry jello dissolved in 2 cups boiling water
- 2 10 oz pkgs sliced frozen strawberries (thawed WITH juice)
- 2 small cans crushed pineapple with juice
- 3 or 4 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 pkg Knox gelatin dissolved in 1 T cold water (I have never used the Knox gelatin in this recipe)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
Mix everything and pour half of it in a mayonnaised mold (use mayo to coat the mold; can use a bundt pan)
When firm, spread with 1/2 pint sour cream, but don’t let sour cream touch the sides of pan. Gently pour over the rest of jello mixture so it surrounds the sour cream layer. This makes a large mold. Can also make it in a 9×13 pan and layer it.
“We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day. Righteous character is a precious manifestation of what you are becoming.” –Elder Richard G. Scott
1 1/2 cups water; 1 pkg (3 oz) raspberry jello; 1 pkg frozen raspberries; 1 sliced banana; 1 can crushed pineapple drained; 1/4 cup pecans
Bring water to boil and then add 1 pkg raspberry jello. Stir. Refrigerate. Watch carefully until it starts to get thick. Then add sliced bananas. Drain crushed pineapple and 1/4 cup of broken or chopped pecans.
If you can’t get the raspberry jello or frozen raspberries, use strawberry jello and frozen strawberries.
I made this salad for our family Christmas Eve dinner and it was so yummy. I got this recipe from my sweet friend, Jean. It’s a very good recipe with a fun surprise of a sugary pretzel bottom.
Ingredients and Method:
You’ll need a 13x9x2 pan, preferably glass, but a metal one will do.
First, mix together the following:
- 2 cups broken pretzels
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- Spread this mixture out in the pan and then bake for 10 minutes in a 350 degree Farenheit oven. Keep an eye out and don’t overbake! Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Next, mix these ingredients:
- 1 8-oz. brick cream cheese – at room temperature
- 1 12-oz. container of Cool Whip – at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
Beat the cream cheese until it is nice and fluffy (electric mixer suggested, medium speed), and then add the sugar. Once mixed thoroughly, fold in the Cool Whip. Spread this mixture on top of the cooled pretzel mixture, covering it completely.
Finally, prepare the topping mixture:
- 1 large box of raspberry Jell-O or similar gelatin dessert
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 large bags of frozen raspberries
Use frozen raspberries–you don’t want to thaw them. Boil the water, dissolve the jello then added the frozen raspberries. Stir the berries around until the raspberries are well distributed and somewhat thawed. Refrigerate until thickened, about a minute. When it is thick, pour it over the salad and let it set for two or three hours.
Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language. ~Henry James
- 1 6-oz. package raspberry jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2-3 cups vanilla ice-cream
- 2 sliced bananas
- 1 1/2 cups crushed pineapple
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
Dissolve jello in boiling water. Then melt ice cream into that. Add remaining ingredients. Chill until set.
Hardship often prepares an ordinary person for an extraordinary destiny. –C.S. Lewis
Photo and recipe from Allrecipes.com. This recipe serves 16.
- 1 ½ cups crushed pretzels
- 4 ½ tablespoons white sugar
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry flavored Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Mix together the pretzels, 4 1/2 tablespoons sugar and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool completely.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread evenly over the cooled crust. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together the gelatin mix and boiling water. Mix in frozen strawberries, and stir until thawed. Pour over cream cheese mixture in pan. Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 1 hour.
“Dont keep sweeping your troubles under the rug
for someday you’ll trip over it.” –Taylor Wapaha
1 can crushed pineapple well drained
1 3 oz. package lime jello
1 pint of cottage cheese
1 10-oz container Cool Whip
Put cottage cheese in bowl. Sprinkle Jell-O on top. Mix well. Add pineapple and whipped cream. Combine well. Chill before serving.
- 1 large package of yellow Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling hot water
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup grated mild cheddar cheese
- 1 tub Cool Whip
Stir hot water into Jell-O until dissolved. Mix in pineapple with Jell-O and let sit overnight. Stir up Jell-O and pineapple mixture and add cheese and Cool Whip. Smooth over the top the remaining Cool Whip.