Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few. –Winston Churchill
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg bacon (we like to use the thick bacon, it doesn’t fall apart as much on the grill)
1 bottle Caribbean Jerk Marinade/sauce (any brand will work)
Grilled pineapple (optional)
In a large Ziploc bag, combine chicken breasts and about 3/4 of the bottle of Caribbean Jerk Sauce. In a separate Ziploc bag, add the bacon and remaining Jerk Sauce. Put in fridge overnight (or at least 6-8 hours). Take out the chicken, discard marinade and grill turning only once if possible. Add bacon to the grill. When the bacon seems cooked through (watch it closely, don’t overcook). Place the chicken on top of 4 bacon pieces and lay the remaining bacon over the top of the chicken. Grill on low for another few minutes. Serve with grilled pineapple.
A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of. –Jane Austen
I got this recipe from my friend Julie, who had it at her son’s wedding. We grilled this for our 4th of July barbecue and it turned out so moist and delicious!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 2 lbs (or slightly more, if needed) boneless chicken breast
Whisk together oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and thyme. Pour over the chicken, either in a non-reactive bowl or a zip-top bag and marinate in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight.
“My idea of good company…is the company of clever, well-informed people, who have a great deal of conversation; that is what I call good company.’
‘You are mistaken,’ said he gently, ‘that is not good company, that is the best.” –Jane Austen, Persuasion
This recipe is from the Allrecipes site.
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste, and place in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, basil, paprika, and parsley. Mix well. Pour 1/2 of this mixture over the chicken, and brush to cover.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over and brush with the remaining 1/2 of the honey mustard mixture. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.