- 2 cups of water either: distilled, purified, or filtered – (This helps prevent streaks.)
- 2 tablespoons 6% Cleaning Vinegar – (While normal white vinegar will work, cleaning vinegar is a 6% solution and is much better as a cleaning agent. You can find this at most stores, usually next to the regular vinegar.)
- 25 drops of Essential Oil of choice – (Optional, but it really cuts the vinegar smell and leaves a nice natural fragrance. Try lemon and orange oil).
- Combine all the ingredients into a spray bottle and shake well.
- Spray directly onto windows or mirrors and wipe off with a dry microfiber cloth.
Additional Tips: If you’ve used any conventional glass cleaners in the past, you may need to spray a few times to break up the solvents and oils left behind from the other cleaners. Also, make sure you use a dry microfiber cloth to wipe off, otherwise if the cloth is too moist, it will tend to leave some streaking behind.
This homemade cleaner can be used as an all-purpose cleaner for your kitchen appliances as well.