- 5 pounds potatoes (about 9 large), peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
2 packages (3 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese (softened or cubed), cubed
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
In a large bowl, mash potatoes with butter. Beat in the sour cream, cream cheese, onion powder, salt and pepper. Transfer 1-1/2 cups to a 2-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Cool remaining mashed potatoes. Freeze in 1-1/2-cup portions for up to 6 months.
To use frozen potatoes: Thaw in the refrigerator. Bake as directed.
Yield: 14 servings.
I have this recipe already on this site but here it is in freezer meal version:
FREEZER INSTRUCTIONS – After pouring cream of chicken mixture over chicken go ahead and freeze. When you are ready to cook it, pull it out of the freezer and let it thaw in fridge (preferably overnight). Then complete the rest of the instructions (top with stuffing/butter & bake).
- 4 Chicken Breasts (or enough to fill pan)
- 6 Slices Swiss Cheese
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- Stove Top Turkey Stuffing (about 1/2 box)
- ¼ c butter
- Cover bottom of pan with chicken.
- Lay the Swiss Cheese over chicken.
- Mix 1 can cream of chicken soup and 1/4 cup milk.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Top with 1/2 bag (or more) of Stove Top Turkey Stuffing.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup butter on top.
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
- 1/2 medium-sized onion, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb pork sausage
- 2 jars of your favorite marinara sauce (approximately 28 oz. each
- 1 can (15 oz) crushed Italian tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded Italian mix cheese (Romano, Parmesan, Asiago, etc. My Smith’s grocery store carries this in the specialty section)
- 2 packages (10 oz.) fresh cheese ravioli, cooked al dente
- grated Parmesan cheese, optional for serving
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
2) In large skillet over medium heat saute onions until soft. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute being careful not to let it burn. Add beef and sausage to onions and garlic and cook over medium-high heat until browned and no longer pink. Drain grease, then stir in sauce and crushed tomatoes.
3) Spread thin layer of meat sauce into bottom of baking dish. Arrange a layer of cooked ravioli over the sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and Italian cheese over the ravioli. Repeat layers, ending with the last of the sauce on top.
(If you planning on freezing this, do it at this point.)
4) Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes until hot throughout. Take foil off and bake about 15 minutes more or until bubbly at edges.
5) Let rest for about 10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Prepare the casserole through Step 4, but do not bake. Wrap the unbaked casserole tightly before putting in the freezer.
When ready to cook, thaw in the fridge (may take up to 48 hours) or thaw in the microwave on defrost setting. Bake according to instructions.
If cooking this directly from a frozen state, increase baking time by 1 to 1 ½ hours (total baking time of about 2-2 ½ hours).
1.5 lbs ground beef
1 carrot, shredded
1 zucchini, shredded or finely diced
1 onion chopped
1 bell pepper finely chopped
2 cups frozen corn
1 can whole olives (sliced them up)
1 packet taco seasoning
2 15-oz cans tomato sauce
Serve with cornbread
Brown the ground beef, carrot, zucchini, onion and bell pepper until done. Drain and cool because you are going to be putting this in a gallon zip lock bag and you don’t want it to melt the bag. Add the remaining ingredients. Freeze. When you need it, thaw and cook in crock pot on low for 5-6 hours or high 3-4 hours. Serve “sloppy joe style” over cornbread. Mmm. Cornbread. How easy was that?
I’m going to start posting freezer meal recipes for you girls to save you time. Here’s a good one.
- 1 – 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbls parsley flakes
- 2 Tbls lemon juice (or the juice of one whole lemon)
- 4-6 chicken breasts (or 8 to 10 chicken tenders)
Place all ingredients into a 1-gallon freezer bag.
After sealing, turn the bag over several times until everything is combined and the chicken is well coated. Freeze flat.
- Thaw chicken and pour the marinade and chicken into a baking dish, turn to coat. Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes.
- OR you can: Thaw and grill in a cast iron skillet on the stove, or outside on the barbecue grill, until no longer pink inside.
- OR you can: Place the frozen chicken in the crockpot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours (or high for 4-6 hours.)