Layered Chicken Enchilada Casserole I
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can chili beans, drained
- 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas, cut into strips
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cooked and shredded
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, mix sour cream, salsa, cream of chicken soup, onion and chili beans.
Layer the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish with 1/3 tortilla strips. Top with 1/3 chicken, 1/3 sour cream mixture and 1/3 Cheddar cheese. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients.
Bake in the preheated oven 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbly. Let stand about 10 minutes.
Layered Chicken Enchilada Casserole II
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 9 10-inch white flour tortillas
- 1 28-oz can green enchilada sauce
- 1 4-oz can roasted diced green chiles
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 8-oz container sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 8×11″ baking dish.
- Pour ¼ of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Rip up 3 tortillas and cover the enchilada sauce layer. Top with half the chicken, ⅔ cup of cheese, ½ cup sour cream, and another fourth of the enchilada sauce. Repeat.
- Top the last layer of tortillas with the last of the enchilada sauce and the last ⅔ cup of cheese.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
Serve it with chopped up cilantro.