This is the recipe I used for the burritos the other night:
- 2 cups Hellman’s Real mayonnaise
- 2 packages dry Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- juice of 1 lime (I would have used 2 but only had one)
- 6 tomatillos husked and washed
- 2 7-oz cans of Herdez salsa verde
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
This is a recipe I like to use with pork enchiladas.
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
1 c mayonnaise
1 c buttermilk
2-3 small tomatillos, husks removed, diced
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
juice of 1 lime
1/2 to 1 jalapeno, sliced, seeds removed to keep it mild (Use gloves)
Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth. Store in the refrigerator to let flavors blend together. Serve with pork salad or burritos with cilantro lime rice.
3/4 c. olive oil
1/2 c. soy sauce
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 t. salt
1 t. pepper
1/4 c. wine vinegar
1 t. parsley flakes
2 cloves garlic, mashed
Mix all ingredients together. Let your meat of choice marinade overnight in it!
I got this really tasty marinade recipe from Marianne Saunders in Florida after she served it at a Young Women’s luncheon.
- 2 cups 7-Up
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash of seasoned salt
- 1 dozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
Mix all ingredients in a large plastic bag. Place chicken pieces in mixture and marinate at least 2 hours–overnight is even better. Barbecue on the grill. makes 12 servings.
Mix all ingredients in a large plastic bowl. Place chicken pieces in mixture and marinate at least 2 hours, overnight is best. BBQ on grill brushing with extra marinade. 12 servings.
1 quart 7-up or gingerale (diet probably works, too)
1 pint Canola oil
1 pint soy sauce
1 Tbsp horseradish
1 tsp garlic powder
Marinate turkey (I used sliced turkey breast) for 24 hours in a Ziploc. Grill or cook as desired.