Sweet Baby Ray’s Crockpot Chicken
Sweet Baby Ray’s Crockpot Chicken
I got this recipe from http://mandysrecipeboxblog.com/cafe-rio-chicken/
I got this easy and delicious recipe from my neighbor, Kathy. Serve with rice and vegetables.
You can freeze it for later. Put all the ingredients in a gallon freezer Ziploc bag. Close it and then mash all the ingredients with your hand to mix it. Thaw in fridge and then dump the contents into your crock pot and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
This recipe does not use mayonnaise to coat the chicken.
This is what we made for Father’s day dinner. Everyone loved it! Even grandpa, who is a roast beef and potatoes man went back for seconds.
Original site source: http://comfortablydomestic.com/2011/03/cajun-chicken-alfredo/
1. Rinse chicken breast in cool water, and pat dry. Pound each chicken breast flat with a flat meat mallet or rolling pin, between two sheets of plastic wrap. Set flattened breasts on a clean plate. Sprinkle a heavy amount of blackening spice on both sides of each chicken breast, pressing to adhere.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Heat 1 Tbs. of the butter, and the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, until butter begins to brown. Place chicken in the pan, and sear on one side, until it is very brown, about 3 minutes. Flip chicken and sear the other side until very brown, about another 1 1/2 minutes. Work in batches so as not to crowd the pan.
4. Place browned chicken onto a rimmed baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside. Remove chicken from the oven and thinly slice against the grain; set aside.
5. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions and begin cooking the sauce.
For the Sauce
If the skillet looks dry, add a bit more olive oil. Reheat the skillet over medium heat.
1. Pour the chicken broth into the skillet to deglaze the pan and whisk all of the delicious brown bits off the bottom of the pan. (1-2 minutes)
2. Add the garlic and tomatoes to the pan and sauté to soften and lightly caramelize, stirring occasionally. (1-2 minutes)
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and pour the heavy cream to the pan with the tomato mixture, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add the salt, pepper, and the remaining tablespoon of butter. Continue to stir the cream mixture while it simmers for 3-4 minutes. The cream will reduce slightly.
4. Remove from heat. Add the grated cheeses, and goat cheese to the cream sauce. Stir constantly until all the cheese has melted, and sauce is smooth. Taste sauce and adjust seasonings.
5. Pour the fettuccine onto the sauce, and top with the sliced chicken. Toss the pasta and chicken into the sauce with tongs, until well combined. Turn tossed pasta into a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with a pinch of nutmeg, and a bit of chopped parsley.
HERB MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN SALAD
Thanks to Sara for this incredible salad she made for us. The flavors were amazing. I have never had a better salad. Ever. We had it with a fruit salad and some cheddar biscuits.
Recipe and photo source: https://cafedelites.com/2016/07/05/grilled-lemon-herb-mediterranean-chicken-salad-recipe/
Recipe and photo source: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/chicken/balsamic-chicken-and-vegetables/
Recipe source: Deseret News:
FIESTA STUFFED CHICKEN
Pound each chicken breast to ¼-inch thickness. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons chopped green chilies and one slice of cheese on each chicken breast. Roll the chicken up tightly and secure with a toothpick. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, except butter. Dip each chicken roll in melted butter and then coat in bread crumb mixture. If freezing, see directions below. Otherwise, place seam-side down in a greased 9-by-13 pan and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
Freezing directions: Place chicken seam-side down in a greased disposable pan. Cover with foil and freeze. — “Families on the Go,” by Susie Roberts
One Pot Southwestern Alfredo Pasta