Sweet Baby Ray’s Crockpot Chicken
Sweet Baby Ray’s Crockpot Chicken
I got this recipe from http://mandysrecipeboxblog.com/cafe-rio-chicken/
You can freeze it for later. Put all the ingredients in a gallon freezer Ziploc bag. Close it and then mash all the ingredients with your hand to mix it. Thaw in fridge and then dump the contents into your crock pot and cook 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
Recipe source: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/04/dining/arts/the-winter-cook-macaroni-and-lots-of-cheese.html
Crusty Macaroni and Cheese
Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Use one tablespoon butter to thickly grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Combine grated cheeses and set aside two heaping cups for topping.
2. In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, cheeses, cayenne (if using) and salt to taste. Place in prepared pan and evenly pour milk over surface. Sprinkle reserved cheese on top, dot with remaining butter and bake, uncovered, 45 minutes. Raise heat to 400 degrees and bake 15 to 20 minutes more, until crusty on top and bottom.
Yield: 8 to 12 servings.
This recipe does not use mayonnaise to coat the chicken.
Emilie served this delicious chili to all of us when we visited Yellowstone.
Lay chicken breasts on the bottom of your slow cooker. Top with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
Add the diced onion, minced garlic, great Northern beans, green chilies, corn, chicken broth and cilantro. Stir.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
Remove chicken to large mixing bowl, shred, then return to slow cooker.
Add cream cheese and half and half, stir, then cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, or until chili is creamy and slightly thickened.
Stir well and serve with desired toppings.
This is what we made for Father’s day dinner. Everyone loved it! Even grandpa, who is a roast beef and potatoes man went back for seconds.
Original site source: http://comfortablydomestic.com/2011/03/cajun-chicken-alfredo/
1. Rinse chicken breast in cool water, and pat dry. Pound each chicken breast flat with a flat meat mallet or rolling pin, between two sheets of plastic wrap. Set flattened breasts on a clean plate. Sprinkle a heavy amount of blackening spice on both sides of each chicken breast, pressing to adhere.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Heat 1 Tbs. of the butter, and the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, until butter begins to brown. Place chicken in the pan, and sear on one side, until it is very brown, about 3 minutes. Flip chicken and sear the other side until very brown, about another 1 1/2 minutes. Work in batches so as not to crowd the pan.
4. Place browned chicken onto a rimmed baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside. Remove chicken from the oven and thinly slice against the grain; set aside.
5. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions and begin cooking the sauce.
For the Sauce
If the skillet looks dry, add a bit more olive oil. Reheat the skillet over medium heat.
1. Pour the chicken broth into the skillet to deglaze the pan and whisk all of the delicious brown bits off the bottom of the pan. (1-2 minutes)
2. Add the garlic and tomatoes to the pan and sauté to soften and lightly caramelize, stirring occasionally. (1-2 minutes)
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and pour the heavy cream to the pan with the tomato mixture, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add the salt, pepper, and the remaining tablespoon of butter. Continue to stir the cream mixture while it simmers for 3-4 minutes. The cream will reduce slightly.
4. Remove from heat. Add the grated cheeses, and goat cheese to the cream sauce. Stir constantly until all the cheese has melted, and sauce is smooth. Taste sauce and adjust seasonings.
5. Pour the fettuccine onto the sauce, and top with the sliced chicken. Toss the pasta and chicken into the sauce with tongs, until well combined. Turn tossed pasta into a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with a pinch of nutmeg, and a bit of chopped parsley.
ZUCCHINI AND GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE
Cook zucchini in a small amount of salted water in saucepan for 3 minutes; drain well. Brown onion and ground beef in butter in skillet, stirring until ground beef is crumbly; drain.Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions, using 1 1/2 cups water. Combine soup and sour cream in bowl. Add zucchini, ground beef and carrots. Spoon half the stuffing into greased 9×13 inch baking pan. Layer ground beef mixture and remaining stuffing on top. Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown.
HERB MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN SALAD
Thanks to Sara for this incredible salad she made for us. The flavors were amazing. I have never had a better salad. Ever. We had it with a fruit salad and some cheddar biscuits.
Recipe and photo source: https://cafedelites.com/2016/07/05/grilled-lemon-herb-mediterranean-chicken-salad-recipe/