This is the chili I made for the gender reveal get together.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans undrained
- 2 (15.5 oz) can kidney beans undrained
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15.5 oz) corn, drained
- 2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chili peppers
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
Combine the above ingredients and then add the chicken. Press chicken down into the ingredients until it is covered.
Cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.
Top with fresh cilantro, sour cream, grated cheese or whatever else you like.
I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. — P. G. Wodehouse
This isn’t a gourmet recipe but it does have it’s charms. I got this Slow Cooker Apple Spice Cake recipe today from a friend. This recipe takes 2 to 2 1/2 hours to cook in your slow cooker.
I’m sure you could substitute cherries or peaches with a yellow cake mix.
Two 20-ounce cans of apple pie filling
1 box of spice cake mix
2 sticks of butter (each stick is 4 ounces)
Empty the canned filling into your slow cooker. Spread the cake mix over the pie filling. Place the two sticks of butter on top of the cake mix. Place the lid onto your slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Scoop the pie mixture out into a bowl and top it with vanilla ice-cream. Mm.
Here’s the video link:
Recipe source, click here.
- 3 pounds baby Dutch yellow potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Lightly coat the inside of a slow cooker with nonstick spray. Place potatoes, olive oil, butter, garlic, oregano, basil and dill into the slow cooker; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours or high heat for 2-3 hours, or until tender.*
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan and garnished with parsley, if desired.
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” ―Winston Churchill
4 to 6 chicken breasts
1/2 to 1 lb kielbasa, sliced
1 can tomatoes, drained
½ bell pepper, chopped
½ c chicken broth
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp Cajun seasoning
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
Put everything in the crock pot on low for 7 hours. Serve over rice.
This recipe tastes wonderful, is easy to put together, has only four ingredients (so you probably have them all on hand), and you can put it in the crock pot all day and have a delicious meal when you get home. Whew! Long sentence.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- One can of cream of mushroom soup (10.5 oz.)
- One onion chopped up
- One box of Uncle Ben’s Long Grain Wild Rice with seasonings. Don’t substitute this last item with some other generic brand. These Uncle Ben seasonings are delicious.
Place your chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker and sprinkle chopped onion over them. Cover with your cream of mushroom soup and then cook chicken on low for 7 – 8 hours.
Before serving it make your rice according to package directions and then stir the prepared rice into the chicken mixture.
“I’ve found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances, Be more active, Show up more often.” –Brian Tracy
I got this recipe from LDS Living magazine and it originated with sixsistersstuff.com.
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• Salt and pepper
• 1 cup honey
• ½ cup soy sauce
• ½ cup diced onion
• ¼ cup ketchup
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
• 4 teaspoons cornstarch
• 6 tablespoons water
• Sesame seeds
Season both sides of chicken breasts lightly with salt and pepper; place in slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic, and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken. Cook on low 3 to 4 hours or on high 1½ to 2½ hours, or just until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from slow cooker, leaving sauce in ceramic insert. Dissolve cornstarch in water and pour into slow cooker. Stir to combine with sauce. Replace lid and cook sauce on high 10 more minutes or until slightly thickened. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces, then return to pot and toss with sauce before serving. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice or noodles.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
“As if you could kill time without injuring eternity” –Henry David Thoreau
This recipe comes from LDS Living magazine.
• 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
• 1 cup milk
• 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
• 4 ounces sliced ham
• 4 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
• 1 (8-ounce) package herbed dry bread stuffing mix
• ¼ cup butter, melted
In a small bowl, combine cream of chicken soup and milk. Pour enough of the soup into a slow cooker to cover the bottom. Layer chicken breasts over the sauce. Cover with slices of ham and then Swiss cheese. Pour the remaining soup over the layers, stirring a little to distribute between layers. Sprinkle the stuffing on top and drizzle butter over stuffing. Cover and cook on low 4 to 6 hours, or 2 to 3 hours on high.
Makes 6 servings.
“Thank you, Mr. Rochester, for your great kindness. I am strangely glad to get back again to you: and wherever you are is my home—my only home.” –Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre
This recipe is dedicated specifically to the people in my family who love cherries and tend to rummage in my pantry for cherry pie filling and then just eating it straight from the can. Here’s a very quick and easy recipe using pie filling, a cake mix, and butter.
- 1 can (21 oz.) Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 box (about 18 oz.) Yellow Or White Cake Mix
- 3/4 stick Butter
- Whipped Cream
Dump cherry pie filling into a 9×9 or 8×11 inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle cake mix over the top of the pie filling and pat down until it’s even and smooth. Slice butter and distribute over the surface of the cake mix.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
1 package (18 1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
Whipped topping or vanilla ice cream (options)
1. Place pie filling in greased Crock Pot slow cooker
2. Mix together cake mix and butter in medium bowl. Spread evenly over cherry filling, sprinkle with chopped nuts. Cover; cook on LOW 3 to 4 hours or HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
3. Spoon in serving dishes, and serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream, if desired.
Makes 8-10 servings