This recipe cooks on high for three hours in your crockpot and will be ready when you come home from Church. Serves four to six people.
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Over Rice
- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts
- 14oz can cream of chicken soup
- 14 oz can cheddar soup
- 14 oz can chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 1 12 oz frozen bag broccoli florets or 4 cups fresh broccoli lightly steamed
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray and put cream of chicken soup, cheddar soup, chicken broth, salt, cajun seasoning, and garlic salt into the crockpot. Whisk together the soups and seasonings until smooth. Place the chicken in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours (depending on your crockpot) or on high for 3 hours. The last 30 minutes of cooking, shred the chicken with two forks and add the broccoli, sour cream, and cheese. Cook for about 30 more minutes until the broccoli is tender and heated through.
- Serve over white rice and garnish with shredded cheese.
Recipe source: http://slowcooker.cooktopcove.com/
Here’s a simple recipe to put together for a delicious dinner. You probably have all the ingredients on hand as well.
1 lb. ground beef
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
¼ tsp. onion powder
1 cup sliced white onion
1 cup sliced celery
2 cups peeled and sliced carrots
2 cups sliced russet potatoes
1 (10.75-oz.) can cream of celery soup (do not add water)
1. In a skillet, cook the ground beef until brown.
2. Mix in salt, pepper, and onion into the meat.
3. Layer the ingredients one by one into your slow cooker –start with the ground beef and end with the cream of celery on top of the potatoes.
4. Let the slow cooker do the rest of the work — Put it on LOW for 5 hours while fully covered.
Slow Cooker Bacon, Egg and Hashbrown Casserole
Original recipe site: https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/slow-cooker-bacon-egg-hash-brown-casserole/
- 20 ounce bag frozen, shredded hash browns
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 green onions, sliced thin
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking oil (to lightly coat slow cooker)
Lightly grease your slow cooker with cooking oil. Layer half of the hash browns into the bottom of crock pot and top it with half the bacon, half the cheese, and one-third of the green onions. Set aside some bacon and green onion for garnish and then repeat with a second layer of hash brown, bacon, cheese and onion.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper and slowly pour over top. Cook until eggs are set, approximately 2-3 hours on high, or 4-5 hours on low. Sprinkle remaining bacon and onions on top and serve immediately, with or without hot sauce.
I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition. –Martha Washington
Makes 8 servings
· 3 lbs. russet potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and cubed
· 1½ cups water
· 2 garlic cloves, peeled
· 1 bay leaf
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 3 tablespoons butter
· ½ cup warmed buttermilk
· 2 tablespoons fresh or freeze-dried chives
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place potatoes, water, garlic, bay leaf, and 1 teaspoon salt in slow-cooker.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 4–6 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
3. Drain potatoes and discard the bay leaf and garlic cloves.
4. Using a potato masher or fork, mash the potatoes. Stir in the butter and buttermilk.
5. Stir in the chives and salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
“One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.” –Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Wilhelm Meister’s Apprenticeship
Recipe source, click here – ldsliving.com
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• Salt and pepper
• 1 cup honey
• ½ cup soy sauce
• ½ cup diced onion
• ¼ cup ketchup
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
• 4 teaspoons cornstarch
• 6 tablespoons water
• Sesame seeds
Season both sides of chicken breasts lightly with salt and pepper; place in slow cooker.
In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic, and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken. Cook on low 3 to 4 hours or on high 1½ to 2½ hours, or just until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken from slow cooker, leaving sauce in ceramic insert. Dissolve cornstarch in water and pour into slow cooker. Stir to combine with sauce. Replace lid and cook sauce on high 10 more minutes or until slightly thickened. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces, then return to pot and toss with sauce before serving. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice or noodles.
“Motivation is great but it doesn’t last.” I just tell them bathing does not last either, that is why I recommend it daily.”– Zig Ziglar
– 3-4 lb Beef Chuck Roast
– 4 Chipotles in Adobo Sauce – Chopped
– 5 Cloves Garlic – Chopped
– 1 Tbsp. Ground Cumin
– 3 tsp Oregano
– 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
– 1/2 Cup Beef Broth
– 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
– 1/4 Cup (fresh) Lime Juice
– 3 Bay Leaves
– Sour Cream
– Black Beans
Cut the Roast into approximately six to eight large chunks. Season well with salt and pepper on all sides. Heat oil in a large skillet and sear the beef chunks (in batches if necessary) on all sides until browned. Transfer seared meat to slow cooker.
In a medium bowl combine chopped chipotles, garlic, cumin, oregano, cloves, beef broth, vinegar, lime juice, and additional salt and pepper (to taste). Mix well, then pour over beef in the slow cooker and add bay leaves. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, until meat shreds easily.
Remove bay leaves. Remove and shred beef. Return beef to slow cooker to marinate at least 10 more minutes, or until ready to serve. Serve over flour/corn tortillas and top with: cheese, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, rice and black beans.
This is the chili I made for the gender reveal get together.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans undrained
- 2 (15.5 oz) can kidney beans undrained
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15.5 oz) corn, drained
- 2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chili peppers
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
Combine the above ingredients and then add the chicken. Press chicken down into the ingredients until it is covered.
Cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.
Top with fresh cilantro, sour cream, grated cheese or whatever else you like.
I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. — P. G. Wodehouse
This isn’t a gourmet recipe but it does have it’s charms. I got this Slow Cooker Apple Spice Cake recipe today from a friend. This recipe takes 2 to 2 1/2 hours to cook in your slow cooker.
I’m sure you could substitute cherries or peaches with a yellow cake mix.
Two 20-ounce cans of apple pie filling
1 box of spice cake mix
2 sticks of butter (each stick is 4 ounces)
Empty the canned filling into your slow cooker. Spread the cake mix over the pie filling. Place the two sticks of butter on top of the cake mix. Place the lid onto your slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Scoop the pie mixture out into a bowl and top it with vanilla ice-cream. Mm.
Here’s the video link: