- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut up into small pieces
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp coco oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup cashews (I like Costco’s cashews)
- Combine flour and pepper in a Ziploc bag then add chicken. Shake to coat with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in small bowl; pour over chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours. Add cashews and stir.
This recipe came from The Recipe Critic who adapted the recipe from 365 Days of Crockpot
Crockpot Chicken Enchiladas
This takes about 3 hours so it’s perfect for cooking while you are at church and want a hot meal when you come home.
- Place 3 thawed chicken breasts on the bottom of your greased crock pot.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of chicken bouillon over chicken.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1/2 cup Instant Rice
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 4-oz can chopped green chilies
- 1-2 cups grated Monterrey Jack cheese
Add mixture to the top of the chicken and cook on high for 3 hours or until chicken is cooked. Shred chicken and then add 1 cup instant rice to the crock pot. Cover and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until rice is done. Serve in enchilada shells.
Crockpot Beef Enchilada Filling
This is a very easy enchilada filling and it tastes great. It took about 15 minutes to put together. You can leave it cooking for three hours on high while in church and have it when you return.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen or canned
- 1 cup salsa (I used Tostitos Chunky Salsa as I had it on hand)
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained (I used Ortega because that’s what I had on hand)
- 1.2 dry package of taco seasoning (I used Ortega because that’s what I had)
- 1 (19-ounce) can enchilada sauce (I like old El Paso), half set aside
- 4 9-inch flour tortillas (I used La Banderita Home Style Flour because it’s what I had)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 avocado, diced, for serving
- 1 Roma tomato, diced, for serving
- chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- sour cream
** Using a 19-oz can of enchilada sauce leaves enough left over to pour over the bottom of your baking dish before placing tortilla on top and enough to drizzle over the top of the enchiladas.
- In a large pot, brown ground beef and drain any excess fat. Remove from heat. Add to crockpot.
- Add to crockpot: drained black beans, corn.
- Add salsa, green chiles, taco seasoning and enchilada sauce, reserving about 1/2 cup.
- Cook on high heat for about 3 hours.
- When ready, you can serve it up in enchilada shells or taco shells.
- Topping ideas: sour cream, chopped avocado, tomatoes, grated cheese, chopped cilantro, etc.
I got this recipe from http://mandysrecipeboxblog.com/cafe-rio-chicken/
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 8 oz. zesty Italian dressing
- ½ Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 packet Ranch Dressing Mix (mixed with ½ cup of water)
- ½ Tablespoon chili powder
- ½ Tablespoon ground cumin
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on LOW for about 5 hours or until chicken is done.
- Shred with fork and serve in salads, burritos, whatever you like.
SERVES 4 to 6
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Over Rice
- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts
- 14 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 14 oz can cheddar soup
- 14 oz can chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 12 oz frozen bag broccoli florets or 4 cups fresh broccoli, lightly steamed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray and and then add chicken soup, cheddar soup, chicken broth, salt, Cajun seasoning, and garlic salt. Whisk together until smooth. Place the chicken into the mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours (depending on your crock pot) or on high for 3 hours. The last 30 minutes of cooking, shred the chicken with two forks and add the broccoli, sour cream, and cheese. Cook for about 30 more minutes until the broccoli is tender and heated through.
- Serve over white rice and garnish with shredded cheese.
Slow Cooker Bacon, Egg and Hashbrown Casserole
Original recipe site: https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/slow-cooker-bacon-egg-hash-brown-casserole/
- 20 ounce bag frozen, shredded hash browns
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 green onions, sliced thin
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking oil (to lightly coat slow cooker)
Lightly grease your slow cooker with cooking oil. Layer half of the hash browns into the bottom of crock pot and top it with half the bacon, half the cheese, and one-third of the green onions. Set aside some bacon and green onion for garnish and then repeat with a second layer of hash brown, bacon, cheese and onion.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper and slowly pour over top. Cook until eggs are set, approximately 2-3 hours on high, or 4-5 hours on low. Sprinkle remaining bacon and onions on top and serve immediately, with or without hot sauce.
I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition. –Martha Washington
Makes 8 servings
· 3 lbs. russet potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and cubed
· 1½ cups water
· 2 garlic cloves, peeled
· 1 bay leaf
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 3 tablespoons butter
· ½ cup warmed buttermilk
· 2 tablespoons fresh or freeze-dried chives
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place potatoes, water, garlic, bay leaf, and 1 teaspoon salt in slow-cooker.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 4–6 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
3. Drain potatoes and discard the bay leaf and garlic cloves.
4. Using a potato masher or fork, mash the potatoes. Stir in the butter and buttermilk.
5. Stir in the chives and salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
“One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.” –Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Wilhelm Meister’s Apprenticeship
Recipe source, click here – ldsliving.com
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• Salt and pepper
• 1 cup honey
• ½ cup soy sauce
• ½ cup diced onion
• ¼ cup ketchup
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
• 4 teaspoons cornstarch
• 6 tablespoons water
• Sesame seeds
Season both sides of chicken breasts lightly with salt and pepper; place in slow cooker.
In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic, and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken. Cook on low 3 to 4 hours or on high 1½ to 2½ hours, or just until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken from slow cooker, leaving sauce in ceramic insert. Dissolve cornstarch in water and pour into slow cooker. Stir to combine with sauce. Replace lid and cook sauce on high 10 more minutes or until slightly thickened. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces, then return to pot and toss with sauce before serving. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice or noodles.
This is the chili I made for the gender reveal get together.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans undrained
- 2 (15.5 oz) can kidney beans undrained
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15.5 oz) corn, drained
- 2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chili peppers
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
Combine the above ingredients and then add the chicken. Press chicken down into the ingredients until it is covered.
Cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.
Top with fresh cilantro, sour cream, grated cheese or whatever else you like.