“To keep your marriage brimming, with love in the wedding cup, whenever you’re wrong, admit it; whenever you’re right, shut up.” –Ogden Nash
Ten Minute Chicken
This recipe takes only 10 minutes to prepare. It makes 8 servings.
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (at Smith’s you can find grated Parmesan in the specialty cheese section)
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix (NOT the dip mix)
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 ounces each)
- Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the cornflakes, cheese and salad dressing mix. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in corn flake mixture to coat.
- Place the chicken on a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 8 servings.
Crockpot Chicken Enchiladas
This takes about 3 hours so it’s perfect for cooking while you are at church and want a hot meal when you come home.
- Place 3 thawed chicken breasts on the bottom of your greased crock pot.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of chicken bouillon over chicken.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1/2 cup Instant Rice
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 4-oz can chopped green chilies
- 1-2 cups grated Monterrey Jack cheese
Add mixture to the top of the chicken and cook on high for 3 hours or until chicken is cooked. Shred chicken and then add 1 cup instant rice to the crock pot. Cover and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until rice is done. Serve in enchilada shells.
SERVES 4 to 6
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Over Rice
- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts
- 14 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 14 oz can cheddar soup
- 14 oz can chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 12 oz frozen bag broccoli florets or 4 cups fresh broccoli, lightly steamed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray and and then add chicken soup, cheddar soup, chicken broth, salt, Cajun seasoning, and garlic salt. Whisk together until smooth. Place the chicken into the mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours (depending on your crock pot) or on high for 3 hours. The last 30 minutes of cooking, shred the chicken with two forks and add the broccoli, sour cream, and cheese. Cook for about 30 more minutes until the broccoli is tender and heated through.
- Serve over white rice and garnish with shredded cheese.
Easy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
This recipe does not use mayonnaise to coat the chicken.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly oil a 9×13 inch baking dish. Squeeze the fresh garlic into the pan. Let it sit in a warm oven for a few minutes then dip and coat your chicken in it. Then roll the chicken into the bread crumb/Parmesan cheese mixture. Put your chicken back into the baking dish and bake.
- If you desire, once the chicken has baked, lay a slice of mozzarella or provolone cheese on top of each breast and pour your favorite marinara sauce over it. Put it back in the oven until the sauce bubbles and the cheese melts.
Recipe and photo source: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/chicken/balsamic-chicken-and-vegetables/
- In a small bowl, stir together salad dressing, balsamic vinegar, honey, and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once. Add half of the dressing mixture to skillet; turn chicken to coat. Transfer chicken to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
- Add asparagus and carrot to skillet. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender; transfer to serving platter.
- Stir remaining dressing mixture; add to skillet. Cook and stir for 1 minute, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Drizzle the dressing mixture over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with tomato. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe source: Deseret News:
FIESTA STUFFED CHICKEN
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (7-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup butter, melted
Pound each chicken breast to ¼-inch thickness. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons chopped green chilies and one slice of cheese on each chicken breast. Roll the chicken up tightly and secure with a toothpick. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, except butter. Dip each chicken roll in melted butter and then coat in bread crumb mixture. If freezing, see directions below. Otherwise, place seam-side down in a greased 9-by-13 pan and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
Freezing directions: Place chicken seam-side down in a greased disposable pan. Cover with foil and freeze.