This is a comfort food dish that is easy to make and you probably already have the ingredients on hand.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 cups peeled and thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and then drain fat.
- In a mixing bowl stir together the cream of mushroom soup, onion, milk, salt and pepper to taste. Add in the cooked hamburger and mix well.
- In a 2 quart baking dish (11×17 inches), alternately layer potatoes, soup and meat mixture and then top with sprinkled cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the potatoes are fork tender.
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. –Charles Dickens
This was so good and so easy. I got this recipe from my friend Julee. I made this Christmas morning and all of us gobbled it up. Thanks to Sara for the lovely fruit salad we had with it. About 12 servings.
- 2 small cans chopped green chilies
- 1 large bag of shredded hash browns (32 oz bag), thawed
- 1 Tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 medium container (16 ounces) cottage cheese (2 cups)
- 1/2 to 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4-6 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 packages Jimmy Dean sausage
- 1 pound bacon
- 12 eggs
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Arrange bacon slices on the foil and place the baking sheet on the center rack. Cook for about 15 minutes or until done. Drain fat, pat bacon with paper towel to remove excess fat.
- While bacon is cooking, crumble your two packages of Jimmy Dean’s sausage in a fry pan and cook. Drain grain and rinse excess fat from sausage in a strainer under hot water.
- Open 2 small cans of green chilies and dump contents into a bowl.
- Add the dried onion flakes and cottage cheese to the chilies and stir together. (I was about a cup shy on the cottage cheese so I added a cup of sour cream to make up for it). Sprinkle about a tablespoon of onion powder over the mix and stir.
- Add 4-6 cups grated cheese and about a 1/2 cup of sour cream and mix all this together, then add crumbled sausage and stir together.
- Add bag of hash browns to the mix and combined thoroughly.
- Spoon this mixture into your lightly greased casserole dish.
- Mix 12 eggs together with a fork in a separate bowl and then pour them over the top of the casserole.
- I poured about a 1/2 cup of milk over the top of the casserole to help moisten it at this point.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for about 50-60 minutes until lightly browned on top or until bubbly around the edges.
My friend April shared this recipe with me when our families shared Thanksgiving Dinner in Florida.
- 4 lbs yellow squash
- 1/2 cup water (for cooking)
- 1 med onion
- 1/2 stick margarine
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 tbsp salt
Slice squash and onion in saucepan. Cook in water over medium heat about 20 min. Drain. Mash and add other ingredients, place in baking dish and cover top with 1 cup grated American cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
ZUCCHINI AND GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE
6 c. sliced zucchini
1/4 c. chopped onion
1 lb. ground beef
1 tbsp. butter
1 pkg. Stove Top stuffing mix
1 1/2 c. water
1 c. cream of chicken soup
1 c. sour cream
1 c. shredded carrots
Cook zucchini in a small amount of salted water in saucepan for 3 minutes; drain well. Brown onion and ground beef in butter in skillet, stirring until ground beef is crumbly; drain. Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions, using 1 1/2 cups water. Combine soup and sour cream in bowl. Add zucchini, ground beef and carrots. Spoon half the stuffing into greased 9×13 inch baking pan. Layer ground beef mixture and remaining stuffing on top. Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2 10-oz pkgs frozen broccoli, steamed (can steam fresh broccoli of course)
- 4-6 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 small cans Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar, grated
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup bread crumbs (I like to use flavored croutons–crushed)
Mix chicken with all ingredients except 2 T of butter and croutons. Mix the butter with croutons using only enough so that it is not soggy and sprinkle over the top of the casserole. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes or until bubbly hot. Serve over hot rice.
Green Bean Casserole
- Large can of green beans, well drained (50 oz for a crowd) – pat dry (Fresh steamed beans are ideal)
- 2 small cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pound grated mozzarella cheese
- Combine the above
- Can of French’s dried onions – shake some of the onions into the mixture.
Put mixture into baking dish and top with more French’s dried onions. Cover. Heat until bubbly.
You’re never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child. –Dr. Seuss
Original recipe source, click here / SERVES 4-5
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 -10 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (can leave skin on)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 cups fiesta Mexican blend cheese (or Monterey Jack and Cheddar)
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup diced green onion
- Preheat oven to 500F (This is NOT a typo)
- In a large bowl mix together the olive oil, hot sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder & paprika.
- Add the potatoes and stir to coat.
- Add the potatoes to a greased baking dish.
- When scooping the potatoes into the baking dish, leave behind any extra olive oil/hot sauce mix.
- Add the diced chicken to the “left behind” olive oil/hot sauce mix and stir to coat all the chicken. Allow to marinate as the potatoes bake.
- Roast the potatoes for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes, until cooked through and nice and crispy on the outside.
- Once the potatoes are fully cooked add the marinated chicken.
- Once the potatoes are fully cooked, remove from the oven and lower the oven temperature to 400°F.
- In a large bowl mix all the topping ingredients together.
- Top the raw chicken with the topping.
- Bake 15 minutes or until until the chicken is cooked through and the topping is melted and bubbly delicious.
- Serve with extra hot sauce and/or ranch dressing.
“Express gratitude for what your spouse does for you. Express that love and gratitude often. That will make life far richer and more pleasant and purposeful.” -Elder Richard G. Scott
- 2 cans crab meat
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 chopped hard boiled eggs
- 1 T minced onion
- 1/2 cup crushed bread crumbs for topping
Combine all and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes