“We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day. — Richard G. Scott
Photo from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kiww029wB28
- Cooking spray, for pan
- 12 thick slices of ham
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- 12 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º and spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Line each cup with a slice of ham and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Crack an egg in each ham cup and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until eggs are cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
Simple Ham and Cheese Quiche
1 pre-made pie shell
1 ½ cups heavy cream
1 cup diced ham
¼ cup diced onion
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 375.
Spray saucepan with cooking spray and then sauté onions and ham together for about five minutes.
Pour sauted ham and onions and shredded cheese into pre-made pie shell.
Beat the eggs with heavy cream. When blended, pour it over the ham and onions and cheese mixture.
Bake 35-45 mins until set. Let stand for ten minutes before cutting/serving in wedges. Serve with a tossed green salad and crusty French bread.
My friend Julie shared this recipe with me.
Sandy Hager’s French Toast Extravaganza
- 1 loaf French Bread (13 to 16 oz)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
Slice French bread into 20 slices, 1 inch each. Arrange slices in a generously buttered 9 by 13 inch flat baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping the slices. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half and half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and beat with a rotary beater or whisk until blended but not too bubbly. Pour mixture over the bread slices. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
The next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Spread praline topping evenly over the bread and bake for 40 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden. Serve with maple syrup.
- 1/2 lb (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans if you like
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and blend well.
Slow Cooker Bacon, Egg and Hashbrown Casserole
Original recipe site: https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/slow-cooker-bacon-egg-hash-brown-casserole/
- 20 ounce bag frozen, shredded hash browns
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 green onions, sliced thin
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking oil (to lightly coat slow cooker)
Lightly grease your slow cooker with cooking oil. Layer half of the hash browns into the bottom of crock pot and top it with half the bacon, half the cheese, and one-third of the green onions. Set aside some bacon and green onion for garnish and then repeat with a second layer of hash brown, bacon, cheese and onion.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper and slowly pour over top. Cook until eggs are set, approximately 2-3 hours on high, or 4-5 hours on low. Sprinkle remaining bacon and onions on top and serve immediately, with or without hot sauce.
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” –Corrie ten Boom
This recipe is from Elaine. She brought it to the baby blessing lunch.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 10-12 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 16 oz container creamed small curd cottage cheese
- 1 lb shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 4-oz cans diced chilies
Beat eggs until smooth and lemon colored. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into lightly greased 9×13 glass baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes, until top is golden brown and center appears firm. Serve hot.
Lion House Crepes Recipe
When You Arise In The Morning, Think Of What A Precious Privilege It Is To Be Alive – To Breathe, To Think, To Enjoy, To Love. –Marcus Aurelius
Original recipe link, click here.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. water
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor and process about 1 minute. Scrape down sides with rubber spatula and blend about 30 seconds more. Refrigerate for 1 hour. To cook, heat omelet pan, crepe pan, or skillet over medium-high heat–pan should be just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water. Brush lightly with melted butter. For each crepe, pour in just enough batter to cover bottom of pan, tipping and tilting pan to move batter quickly over bottom. If crepe has holes, add a drop or two of batter to patch. Cook until light brown on bottom and dry on top. Remove from pan and stack on plate. Makes 12 crepes. Note: If you are making crepes ahead to use for two meals, cut out squares of waxed paper or aluminum foil and place between crepes. Store on a plate in the fridge.
Breakfast Crepe Fillings:
- Scrambled eggs
- Hash Brown Potatoes
- Canned pie fillings – blueberry, apple, and/or cherry
- Fresh fruit – peaches, strawberries, bananas, blueberries — your choice
- Cottage Cheese, ricotta cheese, and/or cream cheese
- Nutella Spread
- Whipped Cream, flavored yogurt, sour cream
- Melted butter with a little lemon juice added
- Powdered sugar
Dinner Crepe Fillings:
(If desired, warm the sliced meat in a skillet before serving.)
- Thinly sliced ham
- Thinly sliced turkey
- Thinly sliced Provolone cheese
- Softened Brie Cheese
- Crumbled Feta
- Cooked asparagus spears
- Arugula lettuce
- Sliced mushrooms sautéed in butter
- Tomatoes sliced into thin spears
- Cucumber peeled and sliced into thin spears
- Red and yellow peppers sliced into thin spears
- Creamy Caesar, Honey Mustard, Ranch, or other favorite salad dressings
I know this is the third ‘drink’ post I’ve made in a row, but tonight I had four bananas that were brown and looking like they wouldn’t last through the night — so I decided to blend them up into a smoothie. The result was a shake-like banana-peanut butter frozen dessert. Mmm! This filled my blender to the top of the glass jar.
This is what I used:
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 scoop of Pure Protein Powder (I had some in the pantry so I thought I would add it)
- About a 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- Dash of 1% milk – about 1/8 cup
- About 5-6 cups of ice; I just kept adding ice to get a thicker smoothie
I blended it all together and when it was nice and thick, I poured into a glass and ate it with a spoon. I had some fruit, some protein and it tasted like a delicious ice cream shake! I poured the leftovers into a freezable container and stuck in the freezer so I could have some for breakfast.
This was hands down the best syrup I have ever had. Dallin made this for us to pour over our french toast for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving. It was so good. I felt like I was in a charming little bed and breakfast somewhere back in Vermont.
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large sauce pan, combine butter, sugar, and buttermilk and bring to a boil. Once it’s at a complete boil, let it boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and at this point whisk in the baking soda and vanilla. It will foam up when you add the baking soda. You can pour it over pancakes, waffles, scones, French toast and ice cream.
- cup crushed ice
- 1/2 cup banana slices
- 10 ounces frozen sliced strawberries
In a blender, combine the ice, banana, and strawberries. Puree until smooth and creamy.
“I was seven before I realized that you could eat breakfast with your pants on.” –Christopher Moore
I can’t believe I have never made waffles with bacon in them before. Now all I need is a waffle iron in the shape of the great state of Texas.
2 eggs, separated
1 3/4 c milk
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 3/4 c flour
1 T baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 package bacon, cooked and crumbled
Whisk egg yolks, milk and oil. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Stir just until combined. Batter will be lumpy. In separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter, being careful not to over mix. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons bacon onto preheated waffle iron. Pour batter on top of bacon. Sprinkle with another 2 tablespoons bacon. Close lid. Cook until golden.