This recipe is very similar to the Krislings cookie recipe saved on this blog.
Christmas Russian Tea Balls
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla (or a little more)
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup walnuts or pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the softened butter, powdered sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. I used a hand mixer for this job.
- Add the flour, nuts and salt. Mix till combined.
- The dough will be dry but can be pressed together.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Put on parchment lined baking sheet an inch apart.
Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove cookies to a cooling rack. Slightly cool cookies and roll into powdered sugar. Place the cookies back on the cooling rack and let them totally cool. Roll them in powdered sugar when cool.