@pizzana Margherita Pizza
4 1/2 cups bread flour
2 cups water
1 teaspoon yeast
1 1/2 tablespoons salt, plus dash for sauce
1 can San Marzano whole peeled tomatoes
Fior Di Latte cheese (or another dry mozzarella)
1. Preheat your oven to 500 degrees.
2. Crush your can of tomatoes in a bowl by hand. Add a dash of salt. Mix by hand and set aside.
3. Add yeast to water, mix (Daniele does it with his finger!💪🏼). Pour into a bowl with 3 cups of flour. Dig in with your hands. Knead for about 5 minutes— by bringing the bottom of the dough to the top center. Add more flour as necessary as you go.
4. Move dough to a flat working station and let rest for 2-3 minutes. One more quick knead and then give it an hour under a— hot tip— stainless steel bowl. 🤯
5. When ready, divide the ball into four.
6. The dough is airy, so you will take your cute ball and push the air to the sides as you flatten into a sphere. You don’t need it very thin. About 10” in diameter.
7. Drizzle oil in a circle following the outline of the crust. Rub in a little bit with your fingers.
8. Spoon on your sauce (don’t be stingy, Daniele uses a lot!)
9. Add basil (again, Daniele uses quite a bit!)
10. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until your crust is starting to brown and bounces back.
11. Remove and add your cheese and another swirl of olive oil!
12. Bake for 2-3 minutes more, just enough for the cheese to melt.