This is a comfort food dish that is easy to make and you probably already have the ingredients on hand.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 cups peeled and thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and then drain fat.
- In a mixing bowl stir together the cream of mushroom soup, onion, milk, salt and pepper to taste. Add in the cooked hamburger and mix well.
- In a 2 quart baking dish (11×17 inches), alternately layer potatoes, soup and meat mixture and then top with sprinkled cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the potatoes are fork tender.