- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) cut yellow beans, drained
- 1 can (about 16 ounces) red kidney beans, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced purple onion
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Rinse beans; drain.
- Combine beans, green pepper, and sliced onion.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients in a small saucepan on the stove.
- Heat until sugar melts.
- Pour over bean mixture.
- Toss three bean salad well and chill for at least 24 hours, stirring occasionally.