“Life is to be enjoyed, not endured” — Gordon B. Hinckley
I wanted to make something that had a lot of vegetables in it and guess what? It’s my favorite chili recipe now. I love it! It’s so tasty and chock full of vegetables.
- 2 16-oz packages of Jennie-O ground turkey
- 4 teaspoons of minced garlic (from a jar)
- 4-6 tablespoons oil (I used a large stainless steel pot and needed 6 TBLS)
- 1 large onion
- Six large carrots
- 4 large zucchinis
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 4 15-ounce cans of tomato sauce
- 2 15-ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 15-oz size can drained kidney beans
- 1 15-oz size can drained black beans
- Brown ground turkey in large skillet or pot until almost all cooked through.
- Add minced garlic to ground turkey and cook. There was no fat to drain.
- I used my food processor to shred 4 large zucchinis and the onion; then I shredded 6 large carrots.
- I didn’t really cook the vegetables because they were shredded so fine. They cooked while simmering.
- I added 4 15-oz cans of tomato sauce, and two 15-oz cans of diced tomatoes into the pot and stirred.
- Add spices and stir them in well.
- Add drained kidney beans and black beans (15-oz sized cans)
- Bring chili to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes.