This is an excellent carrot cake recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (Use 2 tablespoons cinnamon)
- 2 cups white sugar (can cut this down to one cup)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil (I use one cup of applesauce and 1/3 cup of oil instead.)
- 4 cups grated carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside. In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and eggs until thick and pale. Stir in the oil, then gradually mix in the sifted dry ingredients. Fold in the carrots and nuts. Spread evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cream Cheese Frosting: 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup butter, softened 2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners’ sugar. Store in the refrigerator after use.