“Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country.”
—Marquis de Lafayette
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups lemon sherbet, softened
- 1 1/2 cups lime sherbet, softened
- 1 1/2 cups orange sherbet, softened
- 1/3 cup coconut, toasted
In a medium mixing bowl combine coconut, nuts, and melted butter. Transfer coconut mixture to a 9-inch pie plate. Press mixture evenly onto bottom and up sides to form a firm even crust. Bake in a 325 degree oven about 20 minutes or until golden in color. Cool.
Evenly arrange sliced bananas over crust. Spread lemon sherbet over bananas. Top with a layer of lime sherbet, then add a layer of orange sherbet. Freeze pie 4 to 24 hours.
Sprinkle coconut on top. Serves 8.