- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 c. long-grain white rice
- 1 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp. onion powder or dried minced onion
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt (or to taste)
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the rice and gently stir until rice begins to lightly brown.
- Add garlic, onion powder, and turmeric and stir until well mixed in.
- Slowly stir in chicken broth and raise heat to medium-high. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the mix to a boil then turn the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid.
- Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and add cilantro, and fluff with a fork. Serves 4.