No one has ever become poor by giving. Anne Frank
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup medium-diced onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15-oz) canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10.75-oz) can cheddar cheese soup
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 (4.5-oz) can chopped green chilies
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 (8-oz) packages shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Heat the oil in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, onion, and garlic. Cook until the beef is no longer pink.
- Drain the fat from the meat and place the mixture in a large bowl. Add the macaroni, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, pinto beans, cheddar cheese soup, oregano, green chilies, taco seasoning, and 1 bag of the cheese. Mix together until all ingredients are well combined.
- Place mixture into a 2″ deep 9″ x 13″ pan. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the dish is bubbly and golden brown on top.