“God cares a lot more about who we are and about who we are becoming, than about who we once were.” – Elder Dale G. Renlund
This is SUCH a delicious cookie. If I had to pick my favorite all time cookie, this cookie would be in the running. Sara got this recipe from her sweet friend and landlady, Vicky.
Oatmeal Craisin Cookies
- One cup (2 sticks) of butter
- One cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- One Tablespoon vanilla
- Two cups flour
- Three and a half cups oats
- One half cup flax meal
- Heaping cup each of:
- Craisins, Walnuts (or pecans)
- One half to ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- Combine 1 teaspoon soda and ½ teaspoon salt
- Use food processor to make coarse flour out of the oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
- Combine dry ingredients including flax meal and mix well. Gradually add about 2/3’s to creamed mixture. Add craisins, nuts and chips. Blend evenly and add remaining dry ingredients.
- Bake for 9 + minutes. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.