What You’ll Need
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- To steam baste an egg, first heat 2 teaspoons butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-low, until hot.
- Then, crack a pasteurized egg into a custard cup or small bowl.
- Now gently slide the egg into the melted butter, and cook about 30 seconds.
- When the edges of the egg turn white, add 1 tablespoon water to the pan.
- Then immediately cover, to capture the steam, and cook 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Now lift the lid to check the egg for doneness. It’s ready when the white is set and the yolk begins to firm.