Easy Shepherd’s Pie Skillet
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Servings 6 – 8
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 12 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1) Add potatoes to a pot of boiling salted water. Boil until tender. Remove from heat. Combine boiled potatoes with butter, milk, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon chopped chives. Mash until smooth and combined.
2) Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
3) In a large oven safe skillet, cook ground beef until browned and cooked through. Drain beef and set aside.
4) In the same skillet, add onions and cook. Add bouillon cubes and mash to combine with onions. Add mixed vegetables, Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste to skillet. Stir to combine. Allow to simmer together for 10 minutes.
5) Add beef to skillet and stir. Once combined, flatten with your spoon. Top with cheddar cheese, mashed potatoes, Parmesan cheese and remaining chives–in that order.
6) Bake for 20 minutes or until the top has browned.
7) Remove from oven, allow to cool for 10 minutes. Serve.