“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” –Lewis Carroll
This makes about 8 servings.
BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 16-ounce package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 14.5-ounce cans chicken broth
- 2 1-pound Velveeta cheese block, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup corn starch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
In your cooking pot melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft. Add broccoli and shredded carrots and then cover with broth. Simmer until broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes or so. Reduce heat. Add cubed cheese to mixture and stir until melted and well blended. Stir in half-and-half, cream and garlic powder. In a small bowl, stir cornstarch into 1 cup broth until dissolved. Stir into soup. Stir frequently, until soup thickens.