KIELBASA AND CABBAGE SKILLET
“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.” ― Neal A. Maxwell
Photo/recipe credit: http://bellyfull.net/2014/03/11/kielbasa-and-cabbage-skillet/
- 2 pounds fully cooked Polska kielbasa, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into large pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon or brown grainy mustard
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over medium-high and add kielbasa. Cook, without stirring for 1 minute. Then stir occasionally for about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- In the same pan with some of the rendered kielbasa fat, add the cabbage, onion, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the vinegar and mustard; add the sausage back to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes to heat through. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Serve immediately on its own or over mashed potatoes.