One Pot Jambalaya
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 Lb. smoked sausage, sliced
- 4 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c. tomato sauce
- 1 can Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chiles)
- 1 Tbsp. cajun seasoning (Tony Chachere’s)
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Lb. liguine noodles
- 1 Lb. shrimp (uncooked, peeled, de-veined)
- In a large stockpot or large, deep-walled skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until white (it doesn’t need to be cooked through). Add remaining ingredients (minus shrimp and cilantro).
- Bring to a boil, stirring often. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer* for about 20-25 minutes or until noodles become soft, stirring often. Add more chicken broth if necessary.
- *If adding shrimp, add about 15 minutes into the simmering process.
- Garnish with cilantro before serving.