Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. Don Marquis
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- 1 pound Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 2 cups green enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the honey (spray your measuring spoon with cooking spray before measuring out the honey), lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder together and toss with the shredded chicken. Let it marinate for 1/2 hour in a Ziploc bag.
- Spray a 9X13 pan and a 9X9 pan with cooking spray. Pour enough enchilada sauce on the bottom of each baking pan to create a thin layer on the bottom. Fill flour tortillas with chicken and a generous amount of shredded cheese, saving about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas.
- Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the cream and any leftover chicken marinade.
- Spread sauce on top of the enchiladas. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until brown and crispy on top.
- Serve with cilantro lime rice, black beans, sour cream, or whatever else you like.