Slow Cooker Bacon, Egg and Hashbrown Casserole
Original recipe site: https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/slow-cooker-bacon-egg-hash-brown-casserole/
- 20 ounce bag frozen, shredded hash browns
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 green onions, sliced thin
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking oil (to lightly coat slow cooker)
Lightly grease your slow cooker with cooking oil. Layer half of the hash browns into the bottom of crock pot and top it with half the bacon, half the cheese, and one-third of the green onions. Set aside some bacon and green onion for garnish and then repeat with a second layer of hash brown, bacon, cheese and onion.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper and slowly pour over top. Cook until eggs are set, approximately 2-3 hours on high, or 4-5 hours on low. Sprinkle remaining bacon and onions on top and serve immediately, with or without hot sauce.