I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition. –Martha Washington
Recipe Source, click here
Makes 8 servings
· 3 lbs. russet potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and cubed
· 1½ cups water
· 2 garlic cloves, peeled
· 1 bay leaf
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 3 tablespoons butter
· ½ cup warmed buttermilk
· 2 tablespoons fresh or freeze-dried chives
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place potatoes, water, garlic, bay leaf, and 1 teaspoon salt in slow-cooker.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 4–6 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
3. Drain potatoes and discard the bay leaf and garlic cloves.
4. Using a potato masher or fork, mash the potatoes. Stir in the butter and buttermilk.
5. Stir in the chives and salt and pepper to taste. Serve.