“Ah, music,” he said, wiping his eyes. “A magic beyond all we do here!” –J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
Tangy Honey Glazed Ham
- 1 (10 pound) fully-cooked, bone-in ham
- 1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 large orange, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Add all ingredients to list
Directions – Cook time 2 h 45 m
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Place ham in a roasting pan (use aluminium foil in pan for easy clean-up).
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, pineapple juice, honey, orange juice, orange zest, Dijon mustard, and ground cloves. Whisk together as you bring it to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Bake ham in preheated oven uncovered for 2 hours. Remove ham from oven, and brush with glaze. Bake for an additional 30 to 45 minutes, brushing ham with glaze every 10 minutes.