Fleming’s Steakhouse Signature Potatoes
Serves 8 to 10 people/ 30 minutes preparation time
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 small leeks, white part only, diced
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 lbs russet potatoes, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 350.
Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add leeks and next 3 ingredients; saute 4 minutes or until tender.
Add cream and half-and-half; bring to a simmer. Remove from heat; add cheeses, stirring until melted.
Add potatoes to cream mixture; toss gently. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.