Serves 6 to 8.
- 1 and a half 32 oz. sized bags of frozen hash browns
- 1 (32 oz.) box chicken broth (or you could use 2 15-oz cans)
- 1 (10 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated, plus extra for garnish
- Cooked cubed ham (you could substitute cooked bacon)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- Salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Frozen peas (I buy a small frozen bag and shake in the desired amount when soup is hot)
- Combine hash browns, sharp cheddar cheese, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, ham cubes and cream cheese in slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper, then use a spoon to break up cream cheese and mix things together.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 hours, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Add frozen peas. Garnish with rosemary and/or more cheddar cheese if desired.