- 2 pounds pork
- 2 cans Coke (NOT diet)
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 3/4 can enchilada sauce
- 1 c. brown sugar
Put the pork in a reclosable bag to marinate, pour in one of the cans of Coke and 1/2 c. brown sugar. Marinade for a few hours or overnight. (I’ve done both…they both work.)
Drain marinade and put pork, 1/2 can of Coke, water, and garlic salt in crock pot on high for about 3-4 hours. Remove pork from crock pot, drain off liquid, shred pork. (I use two forks because I’m too impatient to wait until it’s cool.)
Mix together (in a bowl or in the blender) other 1/2 can of Coke, can of chiles, enchilada sauce and brown sugar.
Put shredded pork back in the crock pot, cover with sauce, heat just until warmed through.
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 cup. uncooked rice
- 1 T oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 cups water (or chicken broth – leave out bouillon)
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon granules (or 2 bouillon cubes)
- 1 T fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 T fresh chopped cilantro
In a saucepan combine rice, butter, garlic, 1 tsp. lime, chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook on low 15 minutes, until rice is tender. Remove from heat.
In a bowl combine lime juice, sugar and chopped cilantro. Pour over hot cooked rice and mix in as you fluff the rice.
Creamy Tomatillo Dressing
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 c. milk
- 2-3 tomatillos, remove husk, cut in 1/2
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro (cut off most of stems)
- 1 generous tsp of minced garlic
- juice of 1-2 limes
- 1 jalapeno
Blend well. Serve pork over rice and top with drained, rinsed black beans, cut up tomato, chopped cilantro, sliced avocado.