“Life is like an 6-slice apple pie at a 12-guest dinner banquet. If you just sit back and wait for it to come to you, chances are, you’re going to miss dessert.” ―Donald L. Hicks
The following version is from my friend Jeanette. It’s delicious.
Lemon Velvet Cake
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ c. water
- 1 pkg. lemon jello
- 3 T. flour
- ½ c. oil
- Lemon or yellow cake mix
Mix all together. Spray 9×13 pan and bake at 350 deg. for 40-45 min., but don’t overcook. While cake is still hot, pierce cake with a fork to the bottom of the pan, then put frosting on while hot.
2 c. powdered sugar and 5 T. lemon juice
ANOTHER VERSION – This is the version I made for Father’s Day. It’s delicious, too. I wanted to save both versions.
- Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake mix
- 3 oz package of lemon flavored Jello
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice or 2 large lemons juiced
- 2 cups powdered sugar sifted (I used about 3 cups)
- Blend cake mix, package of Jello, oil, water and eggs until moistened.
- Blend on medium speed for 5 minutes
- Grease and flour 9×11 glass pan
- Pour cake batter into pan
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes
- Cool on rack for 15 minutes
- Mix lemon juice and powdered sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved
- Poke holes in cake with a large 2 prong fork (I used the end of my meat thermometer)
- Smooth glaze evenly on top of the cake while cake is warm so glaze will absorb into the cake through the holes