“Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech.” –Benjamin Franklin
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Dash of soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 16 oz. coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrots)
- 8 (7 inch square) egg roll wrappers
- In a large bowl season pork with ginger and garlic powder and mix thoroughly. Heat mixture in a medium skillet, stirring, until pork is cooked through and no longer pink.
- In another skillet, saute cabbage & carrots with the soy sauce to soften vegetables and to cook out any of the water coming from the cabbage.
- Combine vegetables with meat mixture.
- Lay out one egg roll skin with a corner pointed toward you. Place about a 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the cabbage, carrot and pork mixture on egg roll paper and fold corner up over the mixture. Fold left and right corners toward the center and continue to roll. Wet your fingers with water to help seal the egg roll.
- Brush with olive oil and bake egg rolls at 425 degrees F. 10 to 15 minutes.
Sweet and Sour Sauce:
2 cups water
2/3 cup distilled white vinegar
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
3 tablespoons cornstarch
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix together water, distilled white vinegar, white sugar, tomato paste, pineapple tidbits and cornstarch. Cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes, or until mixture reaches desired color and consistency.