“What draws people to be friends is that they see the same truth. They share it.” ― C. S. Lewis
- 1 onion, cut in half and peeled
- 1 cups dry Pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 cups dry Black Beans, rinsed
- 1 cup red beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 3/4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 5 cups water
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Place the onion, rinsed beans, garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin into a slow cooker.
- Stir in the water and chicken broth.
- Cook on High for 8 hours, adding more water as needed.
- Once cooked strain the beans reserving the liquid.
- Mash the beans with a potato masher or hand mixer.
- Add the reserved water as needed to attain desired consistency.