Okay my girls, this recipe doesn’t take long to make at all and you probably have the ingredients already at hand. You can freeze it in two separate containers for two separate meals. Freeze any casseroles made with sour cream in a freezer set at 0 degrees Fahrenheit. When you wish to thaw a casserole with sour cream in it, refrigerate it overnight at 40 F.
You can also place a frozen casserole directly in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 F, and bake the casserole until it’s hot and bubbly. Keep in mind that this will mean adding significantly to your cook time.
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 9 10-inch white flour tortillas (I like the white flour ones but you can use corn)
- 1 28-oz can green enchilada sauce
- 1 4-oz can roasted diced green chiles
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 8-oz container sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 8×11″ baking dish.
- Pour ¼ of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Rip up 3 tortillas and cover the enchilada sauce layer. Top with half the chicken, ⅔ cup of cheese, ½ cup sour cream, and another fourth of the enchilada sauce. Repeat.
- Top the last layer of tortillas with the last of the enchilada sauce and the last ⅔ cup of cheese.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
Serve it with chopped up cilantro.