Choose your love, love your choice. –President Thomas S. Monson
My friend Julie shared this easy, tasty recipe with me. You probably have all the ingredients on hand:
- ¼ cup flour
- ¾ tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 skinned, boneless chicken breasts halved
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion – cut in half lengthwise, then thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves or ½ tsp dried thyme
1. Mix flour and ½ tsp each salt and pepper on a plate. Add chicken, turn to coat, shake off excess.
2. In a heavy skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, 10 minutes or until browned and cook. Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
3. Add onion to skillet and sauté 1 – 2 minutes, until lightly browned. Add broth, vinegar, thyme and remaining salt and pepper. Bring to boil and book, stirring often – about 7 minutes (until onions are soft).
4. To serve, place chicken on serving plates and spoon on onions and sauce.